Zahid’s Undeniable Facts:
1. Zahid has always come to the U.S. legally in good faith.
2. Zahid has not broken any U.S. laws, not even a minor conviction.
3. Zahid served honorably in the U.S. Army as evidenced by his two Honorable discharge certificates.
4. And let’s not “selectively forget” Zahid’s Reserve Achievement Medal.
5. Zahid earned the National Defense Service Medal.
6. Zahid earned the Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.
7. Zahid earned the Armed Forces Reserve Medal.
8. Zahid earned the United States Army Service Ribbon.
9. Zahid earned the Recruitment Achievement Medal.
10. Zahid earned the Army Strength Management Award; just to name some.
11. Zahid was encouraged time after time that volunteering for extra duty and going above and beyond the call of duty would be well rewarded. Zahid did lots of extra duty, volunteering for holiday duty and nights and weekends time and again, and giving much more than required or expected and was highly encouraged in everything he did. There were numerous incidences where Zahid had been told by cadre and officials he had earned medals, achievement awards and recognitions and those would be awarded to him, but at the very last moment some “convenient glitch” happened and they were not given to him. One example of this was when his platoon and other platoons were shocked to find out that Zahid was not awarded the Army Achievement Medal which was well-known and announced in the weeks prior, and when the soldiers asked the officials after the ceremony as to why, the soldiers were given the answer: “because they ran out of paper.” It was very hard for the soldiers to believe since they did not “run out of paper” for other soldiers who had put in a lot less hard work, sweat and blood.
12. During his dedicated & honorable service in the US Army, Zahid volunteered for extra duty & went above & beyond the call of duty: like in Ft. Sam, Texas he was simultaneously the Platoon Sergeant (Soldiering side; not only responsible for his 4 squad leaders, but also their soldiers as well).
13. Zahid also served as Class Leader (Academic side).
14. Zahid also served as Bay Sergeant (responsible for Housing, Accommodations & Facilities side).
15. Zahid also served as Drill Team Leader.
16. Zahid offered his body to the combat medics & military medical professionals many times to learn their skills & save lives. Zahid’s wife, Ann, remembers well that at times Zahid came home with his undershirt soaked with blood and both arms bloodied & bruised, and she asked what happened? Zahid would say, “Oh, medics needed some practice”.
17. Zahid has already qualified for expedited citizenship based on Qualified Military service, which is expedited even for those people who came here illegally & have broken US laws as evidenced by Tacoma News Tribune article dated Feb 12, 2004 ‘From illegal immigrant to U.S. soldier to citizen’. Why has Zahid been singled out, held to different standards, and not been given his earned (as people all over the world have proclaimed) citizenship?
18. Even the U.S. government admits that Zahid meets all the requirements for naturalization as a military veteran with the exception of doubt (how arbitrary, different-standard, malicious and convenient of them; please read facts #40 & #41 to understand this double-standard, hateful and delaying tactics on their part) about good moral character.
19. Zahid also qualified for citizenship based on married to U.S. citizen: Zahid and Ann have been married over 16 years.
20. Zahid qualified for citizenship on additional basis as well.
21. Zahid has given thousands of unpaid volunteer hours in service to community, including but not limited to: Fire Department (carrying pager 24/7 and responding to fire emergencies at all hours of the day and night).
22. Zahid also volunteered with the American Red Cross (general volunteer and also Youth Coordinator).
23. Zahid also volunteered for Habitat for Humanity.
24. Zahid helped out stranded people on the roads and highways.
25. Zahid has helped the elderly with their chores and giving them company.
26. Zahid has helped build community gardens.
27. Zahid has assisted seniors with shopping and taking them to appointments.
28. Zahid has helped with repairing and donating gardening tools.
29. Zahid volunteered with car & van pools and was designated driver.
30. Zahid helped out displaced people and refugees.
31. Zahid volunteered at Native American organizations and schools, motivated & inspired Native American students.
32. Zahid volunteered all day at spaghetti feeds to raise funds for children’s charities and raise awareness of public safety issues; just to name a few !
33. Zahid has never struck anyone; he didn’t rape anyone; he hasn’t killed anyone; he’s never stolen anyone’s money, and he hasn’t hurt anyone !
34. Zahid gave money, hard work, time & efforts; he’s fed people; he’s helped people at their utmost time of need; and he was not afraid to speak for the goodwill of the U.S.A. here and abroad.
35. Zahid has given of his blood (yes, he used to donate a lot of blood), sweat &hard work at every military facility he was at; and additionally in dedicated service to our state and country.
36. Even U.S.C.I.S. very senior officer for 30 years stated: “…highly recommend that his [Zahid’s] application for citizenship be granted.”
37. Military officials have said:
a. “To deny Zahid citizenship would be a crime.”
b. “… it is embarrassing and potentially fraudulent if the US government FAILS to grant Zahid citizenship when he has risked his life in service to the U.S.”
38. “No country can ask for more in a candidate for citizenship,” as people have said, documented, written and reminded again and again.
39. This honorable disabled American family has paid fees (even when they weren’t required, like for Military N400) and filled out complex, confusing & complicated forms to the best of their abilities.
40. So all the great things Zahid has done all his life does not get to define his “good moral character” , but some incident in a different country on a different continent on the other side of the world over 21 years ago in which he actually was the only victim, is taken out of context, reported inaccurately, selectively spun in arbitrary direction with prejudice, frivolous & inadmissible (according to the laws & rules of evidence), has no relevancy & out of jurisdiction gets to define Zahid’s character?
41. If this case & all the related incidents (not to forget all too many non related events) of discrimination, prejudice and outright hatred that this honorable disabled American family has gravely suffered, particularly since 9/11, is not proof to the world of bigotry, racism, intolerance, Islamophobia & double standards, what else would be?
42. Zahid has spread US goodwill and tried his best in being a goodwill ambassador of America in Europe & Asia. Zahid’s wife, Ann, can attest to numerous examples of this in Europe.
43. Whether it be on stage in front of thousands of people supporting moderate & sensible candidates in National elections in Pakistan many years ago, or mitigating individual concerns & bad feelings of German public & officials towards the United States, Zahid has been there to build bridges.
44. Before the recording of the July 2010 deposition of Zahid started, why did the dominating and oppressing defending counsel (at that time Asst. US Attorney General for WA, Frank Wilson) make derogatory & insulting comments about all women in general? Was the coercing defending counsel attempting to instigate Zahid to agree with the oppressor (Asst. US Attorney General for WA, Frank Wilson) and then use those comments out of context during the interview to assassinate Zahid’s character, as they have persistently and unsuccessfully attempted to do throughout?
45. At the beginning of the July 2010 deposition of Zahid, what was the intentional purpose of defending counsel (Asst. US Attorney General for WA, Frank Wilson) putting his feet on the table right in Zahid’s face? Was Frank Wilson trying to trigger something by that despicable cultural insult?
46. What was the intentional purpose of the dominating defending counsel (Asst. US Attorney General for WA, Frank Wilson) in forcing Zahid to remove his protective eye-wear when counsel knew in advance, and were also reminded by Zahid and his attorney, about sensitivity to light?
47. What was the sinister motive of the defending counsel’s (Asst. US Attorney General for WA, Frank Wilson) intentional bullying attitude of yelling and screaming and banging fists on the table and files during that deposition, when defending counsel knew well that Zahid has sensitivity to sound?
48. Why did the defending counsel (Asst. US Attorney General for WA, Frank Wilson) lose control intentionally when Zahid had to take his prescribed pain medications, etc. during his deposition? What was Frank Wilson trying to achieve with all that drama?
49. During Mrs. Chaudhry’s July 2010 deposition for so many hours when Mrs. Chaudhry broke down and cried at numerous occasions due to the intentional and well-thought out verbal torture and mind games, why was the defending counsel behaving in that merciless and atrocious manner?
50. Why, during Mrs. Chaudhry’s July 2010 deposition, did defending counsel, Frank Wilson, intentionally make such a nuisance of himself, by making disrupting, distracting noises by loudly banging papers, files, boxes and himself around?